Monday, April 30, 2012

THE LIES BEHIND THE FOOD INDUSTRY

"The industry doesn't want you to know the truth about what you're eating, because if you knew, you might not want to eat it."  

This excerpt  from Food Inc. made me realize that all the food that we eat (mostly meat) is not as healthy as we recognize it. After watching this documentary, I  learned that all the multinational companies that process our food is not as honest to what they're saying on their labels. It goes to show that we should start to "buy from companies that treat workers, animals, and the environment with respect." It's time to "know what's in your food", to "know what to buy" and "read labels" because at the end, "everyone has a right to healthy food."


"I think the closer we get to a plant-based diet... I should say a whole-foods, plant-based diet, the healthier we're going to be for all of us."

Other than Food Inc., I also watched a documentary that as well changed my views to the food industry, Forks Over Knives. This is a bit different because it talks about how dangerous the fast food is for our health. Dr. Campbell had studied that when in animal-based diet, there is a higher rate of having diabetes, cancer, and obesity. This documentary also proved that "we're facing a massive health crisis."


For more info, like their facebook page:

2 comments:

  1. Now I wish I had enough guts to go back to being vegan. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you were a vegetarian. Was it that hard? Btway, you need to watch those documentaries ;)

    ReplyDelete